Wednesday, March 9, 2011

peanut butter-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

{photo courtesy http://www.browneyedbaker.com}


Oh. My. Goodness.
Really. My goodness. I have been looking for the perfect recipe for peanut butter cookies for so long. I started collecting PBC recipes back in college and I finally struck cookie gold! {thank you  browneyedbaker!} So soft, you would think they were fresh that afternoon... even if they are several days old. {if, of course, they last that long} I only made one modification to the recipe I found... more peanut butter!  Super easy and a fast recipe! Jack had so much fun helping!


ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. {we have calphalon trays so no greasing or prep needed}

2. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. Sift in flour, baking soda & salt gradually until just combined. {a strainer works great for this... Jack likes to make it "snow"} Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

4. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

1 comment:

Melissa Luangrath said...

"They look great! I would never have thought to put choc. chips in peanut butter cookies. I think I'll make some tomorrow! Yum!" love, mom